Portledge School attracts a diverse student population. Our goal is to ensure that all interested families are encouraged to apply to our school despite their current financial situation. Here are a few facts regarding Financial Aid at the Portledge School:
- Over 20 percent of our current student population, receives a form of need-based awards
- Financial aid awards are grants that do not need to be repaid
- All interested families must apply/re-apply each year for Financial Aid through Smart Aid. Please review the Smart Aid Instructions and Video for more information.
- Families applying to Financial Aid should be interviewed by the Director of Financial Aid.
- Only completed and verified Financial Aid applications will be presented to the Financial Aid Committee for a decision.
- A Financial Aid award or denial will not affect your Admissions Decision into Portledge
- Financial Aid Awards will be re-reviewed annually.
- Our budget is limited and priority is given to current students
- If you do not agree with your Financial Aid award decision or the amount you have the right to appeal your decision and it will be thoroughly reviewed by our Appeal Committee. For more information on the Appeal process please contact the Director of Financial Aid.
If you have any questions regarding Financial Aid please do not hesitate to contact Betty Margolin, Chief Financial Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.