Mock Trial is an educational program, co-sponsored by The New York Bar Foundation, high school students have the opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge of civil/criminal law and courtroom procedures. Objectives of the tournament are to
Faculty Advisor: Trish Rigg
- Teach students ethics, civility, and professionalism;
- Further students’ understanding of the law, court procedures and the legal system;
- Improve proficiency in basic life skills, such as listening, speaking, reading and reasoning;
- Promote better communication and cooperation among the school community, teachers and students and members of the legal profession, and;
- Heighten appreciation for academic studies and stimulate interest in law-related careers.